Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Month Away

It's been a month since I've posted last...and this was mostly intentional.  Part of the blogosphere for me is to help others mature in faith and I needed some time off to consider how I am growing in my own faith...and I've learned quite a bit in December and now it's time to let others in on what's been happening.

Not that my posting are that earth shattering and in fact, I believe your time can be spent much more wisely.  But in case you're looking to waste time..

This last month...
- I graduated seminary with an Adv. M.Div from Southwestern Seminary in Ft. Worth.  The journey took longer than I expected, but now that I'm on the other side, I'm so glad I persevered.

- I spent quite a bit of time with family in Idaho and Arkansas which included flying 5000 miles and a trip to Disney.

- I spent a good bit of time with my wife, alone, void of kids and any real responsibility.  I feel reconnected and focused.  We've spent time rediscovering our relationship and setting some really neat goals...more on that in the weeks to come.

- I've had lots of time to pray, dream, vision, and plan for a great season of ministry at SWITCH...and more on that later too.

- I'm recommitted to working out more and getting healthier...and well, I'm really sore today.

- I'm reading through the NT in 13 weeks and so far so good...so really good.

- I'm working through of my disciples choosing to believe in God but not listen to God.  This is a very painful experience, but one that I welcome and am praying that true faith and discipleship will result.

Okay, now I'm rambling.  Sorry.  I'm out of blog posting practice. 
Ready for the newness of 2011 and hoping that my journey will glorify Christ and encourage others.

For His Glory...

No comments:

Post a Comment