Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sleep

The last several weeks my mind isn't resting and neither is my body.  I seem to fall asleep for about an hour and wake up unexpectedly.  This cycle happens 3-4 times a night and like I mentioned on facebook, insomnia is hard for the soul.

I've drastically reduced my daily caffeine intake (1 cup of regular joe in the morning) and am trying to make my workouts more consistent, but it seems like the more tired I am, the less I seem to sleep.  Weird.

I've begun to pray when I wake up and that seems to help, but selfishly I'd rather go back to bed!  I'm praying that when I do wake up I'll use that time as a divine appointment to seek God irregardless of how I'm feeling or how frustrated I am by waking up once again. 

I've never had problems sleeping before and I'd rather not reduce myself to medicating this issue.  Pray with me that as God interrupts my day (even when I'm sleeping) that I'll be obediently praying, responding, and listening to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment