Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday

I like Tuesdays.
Tuesdays are relaxing and usually a study day for me...simply, I like Tuesdays.

In case some of you wanted to know, I'm sleeping a little better the last couple of nights.  Thanks for your prayers.

Reading through headlines today, I came across an article in the Wall Street Journal of my brother in Christ Lee Strobel and his journey from atheism into Christianity.  The article is aptly titled, "How Easter Killed My Faith in Atheism".  You can read it here http://on.wsj.com/foGSSn

Many of us know Lee's story: his wife came to Christ and being an atheist this greatly bothered him.  So, while working for the Chicago Tribune with his legal training and journalist tools in hand, he set out to disprove Christianity.  But the evidence for the existence of God, the hope of the Gospel, and the validity of the resurrection struck Lee with such an overwhelming intensity that he placed his trust in Christ.  Oh, the irony.

What a glorious picture of redemption!  What an incredilbe picture of what Satan meant for evil, God meant for good.  When His providence unfolds it reveals such wonder that can't be fathomed this side of Heaven.  I'm praying that when people enter our doors for Easter they'll be meant with such wonder, such grace, and such love.  I'm praying that as our people worship the God over all creation they can't help but be stricken with his matchless Glory and presence.  I'm praying that those who come to ou services out of an annual duty, will leave with a personal knowledge of God that will wreck their flesh and make room for His Spirit to bring them back week after week.  Lord, make your glory known to the lost this Resurrection Day and may our people be positioning themselves this week to be used by your mighty hand to help bring those face to face with the wonder of the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment